a must-know private sanctuary
I was recently invited in for a treatment at a new spa, Bare Beauty NYC in the Flatiron. Walking into the building, I was intrigued as it was like a We Work space for the beauty industry. I walked past hair stylists, colorists and lash extension specialists before finding my way to the Bare Beauty suite – a perfectly set up, tiny room that only fit the necessities for Owner and Esthetician, Wynter Hutchinson. The facial, was one of the best I ever had.
Wynter has worked at some of the top spas in NYC and LA as a facialist and massage therapist and was able to combine her knowledge, passions and insight in order to create her own experience at Bare Beauty. Of course, I left with clean, glowing skin, but besides the resultsthe experience is what really blew me away. It's tailored in a way that no other spa could replicate thanks to Wynter's attention detail.
- Your facial begins with a foot soak and rub.
- She uses all natural products and is truly knowledgable about the ingredients.
- Even her mask application was through a facial massage.
- The decor is clean and organized and a bushel of fresh lavender lay on top of the bed.
- The new client form is of a pearlized ivory.
- She treats the neck and chest as an extension to the face.
- I left with a hand written thank you note for visiting.
If you take a look at Wynter's spa menu, you'll see she offers a few specific facials, however upon meeting with clients, discussing their skincare concerns and assessing their skin, she customizes each of them. To sum up mine, it started with perhaps the best facial, neck and chest massage I've ever had, included extractions and two masks – one purifying before extractions and the other was diamond infused to help boost collagen.
Besides her customized facials and massages, Wynter also offers lash extensions, manicures and pedicures. She's a one woman shop and a woman worth knowing.