Unless my hair is professionally blown out, chances are that by the end of the day, it's in a ponytail. Ladies, if you're anything like me, we need to step our pony game up. Check out Kendall Jenner's sleek ponytail (pictured above). She was heading to the Vogue Foundation Gala in Paris last week and made a statement with her sharp center part and the sophisticated slickness to the style. Here are tips from her stylist, Christian Wood, (check out his Tweet) on how to rock the look – no more gym styles necessary. It's that simple.
"As soon as I saw the dress I thought a super slick and shiny ponytail would give a tough modern edge to the gorgeous Balmain dress," Wood commented. He was right.
Here are the exact steps Wood took to complete Kendall's style. Yes, they're easy enough to do at home. Promise.
- When hair is damp, use a pin tail comb to part it down the center. The end of the comb will help make sure you have a dramatic, precise part. Then, blow dry straight.
- Rub a small dollop of Moroccan Oil onto the top and sides of your hair and use a brush like a Mason Pearson to slick the hair into a low, tight ponytail. Secure with a bungee elastic.
- Wrap a small piece of hair around the elastic and secure with a pin to cover.
- Spray Frederic Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray all over and quickly comb the hair into the ponytail to create a super slick, tight and fly-away free look.
- Spritz a glossing mist or shine spray on the part, almost the same way one would use makeup highlighter to really pick up the shine under lights.
- Finish by using a straightening iron (Wood used the T3 Straightening Iron) over the ends of the pony for a poker straight glossy finish.
With a little bit of effort, a ponytail like Kendall's can look super chic. And I told you it's really simple. Using a flat iron at the end is surely the icing on the cake. I'll definitely be trying it for a night out.