I'm obsessing over the hair and makeup pics from bridal fashion week that just took place in NYC! I avoided it like the plague, because I love my dress and didn't want to watch Marchesa gowns glide down the runway. Obvi. However, I am working on finding inspiration for my makeup look. This one from Jenny Packham is perfect – flawless, dewey skin with a flush. It's really the no-makeup-makeup look. Lead Makeup Artist for Laura Mercier, Talia Shobrook, gave me the step-by-step, which every woman should be able to conquer. Bride-to-be or not. Flawless Face: Flawless skin with a natural flush of colour
· Shobrook first prepped skin with Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Hydrating ($32).
· Next, she applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer - Oil Free Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen ($43) to create a healthy, even tone. She then covered any imperfections with Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage ($32).
· To give the skin a romantic, dreamy look, Shobrook flushed the cheeks with Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Barely Pink ($24) and Rose Petal ($24).
· Then, she dusted Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Peach Whisper ($24) onto the apples of the cheeks. She dabbed Laura Mercier Secret Finish ($27) onto the cheekbones, adding freshness to the skin.
· To add the final touch, Shobrook applied Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder ($35) to the nose and forehead.
Simple Eyes: Soft washes of colour
· Shobrook applied a wash of colour to the eyelids using Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Ginger ($23) and Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Guava ($23). Next, she applied a layer of Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour ($23) in Primrose.
· She then highlighted the brow bones with Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Morning Dew ($23).
· To finish the lids, Shobrook applied Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Baroque and Burnished ($23 each) to the lower lash lines. She then added Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Cognac to the middle of the lower lash lines.
· She applied Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Seashell ($26) to the inner corners of the eyes and added a coat of Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Lash Building Mascara ($24) to the top and bottom lashes.
· To pull the look together and frame the face, she lightly defined the eyebrows using Laura Mercier Eye Brow Pencil ($22).
Soft Lips: Mauve and beige lip
Body: Illuminated skin
· To complete the look, Talia dusted Laura Mercier Mineral Illuminating Power in Candelight ($34) to the neck and décolletage.