Whether you like it or not summer is creeping up on you. If taking out your favorite bikini as a reminder and plastering pictures of Victoria's Secret models on your refrigerator still hasn't motivated you maybe these tips will help give you the extra little boost you need to get going. Fitness expert, Theionious Johnson weighed in on some easy ways to shape up in no time:
- Set Realistic Goals: Write it out. Make a list of things you'd like to accomplish in a certain time span. If you write lose 10 pounds, make sure you give yourself ample amount of time to meet the goal. Weekly goals are great motivators too.
- Exercise Before Bed: No matter when your normally exercise do an extra 20 minutes before you go to sleep. It will help burn calories while you sleep and clear your mind. This can be as simple as jump roping at home.
- Keep Hydrated: Thirst is often mistaken for hunger. Make sure you drink plenty of water through out the day to avoid snacking.
- Grab A Buddy: Workout buddies are the best motivators. You can challenge and support each other physically and mentally to keep going. Plus, who wants to be the fat friend on the beach? eek!
- Switch Things Up: Once you master a routine, change it before you get bored. Do something different every day to keep your workout interesting and maximize your body's potential.